Thursday, April 3, 2008

I made a new animated gif yesterday and tried putting it on here as part of the entry, as you can see below. That didn't work, so I put it over on the sidebar. It's a clip from Ayumi's '07 concert DVD, which we finally got to watch this past weekend. It was really good. She sounded great and it was interspersed with behind-the-scenes clips, which was interesting to see. I'm hoping someone will eventually subtitle the DVD out of the goodness of their heart so I can watch it again and understand what they're saying in the behind-the-scenes parts.

I've been sick with something since last Friday night and I still don't know what it is. I woke up during the night with intestinal problems and then felt OK during the day on Saturday, but Saturday night I got a bad sore throat that continued through Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Actually, it's not completely gone now, but it mostly just feels scratchy at this point. Sunday I felt bad mostly because my throat hurt so bad, but Monday and Tuesday I was really, really fatigued and feverish and didn't do very much. B drove into town without me on Monday, which is our normal grocery shopping/errand running day, and got things done without me. I felt guilty about that, but I truly felt sick as a dog.

Saturday night, when my sore throat was first starting, B said he wanted to do some exploring the next day, so we got out a map and planned a drive to the Grand Canyon from here. We've driven to the Grand Canyon from here before, when we were here looking at houses last year, but we drove over to the south rim, which is east of here by a couple hours. So this time we decided to go for the western part, which looked to be much closer. Unfortunately we missed the road that would've taken us there and ended up taking another road that took us to the Supai Indian Reservation. It was a fun drive, though admittedly it would've been more fun if I'd been feeling better that day. The road we were on just sort of came to an end at Supai, where there was a parking lot right at the edge of a canyon. I'm not clear if this was actually part of the Grand Canyon or not, but it looked like it, except there was no river at the bottom. From this parking lot, you could take a mule ride into the canyon or hike or take a helicopter ride. Maybe we'll go back there at some point.

I just continued to feel worse and worse that day, so after we came home I just rested. B was tired from all the driving, too. I started using Zicam on Saturday night when I felt the sore throat coming on, but I'm thinking it wasn't a cold because the Zicam didn't seem to help this time and usually it knocks out my colds within a day. And of course, I got sick right after I decided to start exercising again. I haven't been back on the treadmill since Saturday, but I did take a short walk around the neighborhood with B yesterday and I felt OK afterwards.

I think I'm going to have to take my computer in to have it looked at this coming weekend. I did all kinds of diagnostic stuff on it last weekend, hoping to get it running better, but none of that seemed to help. It still gets really bogged down and starts running really, really slow after having been on for a while and I think it has something to do with the wireless adapter I'm using because the computer was fine until I started using that. I guess it's possible that something happened to it during transit from NC to here, but I doubt it. Maybe I need more ram with this wireless adapter. I hope they can get it fixed for me quickly because I need this thing for work.

1 comment:

Heather said...

The gif is cute! Anyhow. My mom went on one of those mule rides about 15 years ago, and she swears her mule was almost slipping off the sides! She was freaked out for the whole ride, yeerrgh.